Valentine ? cookies for your precious furriend
Who is the one you can always count on? He probably has four legs. Give your furry friend the Valentine he deserves with these delicious homemade dog biscuits!
Our master bakers have created this Smoofl’icious recipe for all dog moms and dads who want to treat their dog to a special cookie on Valentine’s day.
The classic baking mix
Tropical Delight baking mix
a piece of banana
apple, cut in julienne (really thin slices)
a piece of cucumber
heart-shaped cookie cutter
a thin brush
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Put the classic baking mix in a bowl and add 75 ml of water. Put the tropical baking mix in a different bowl and add 90 ml of water. Knead both mixes for a few minutes into a nice dough.
The baking mixes are gluten free. This means you have to knead longer for the dough to ‘stick’ together. So, work those arms!
3. Roll out both the Tropical Delight and the Classic dough. Cut out heart-shaped cookies until you run out of dough.
4. With a knife, cut the cookies in half. Repeat until you have sliced them all.
5. Moisten the brush with water. Take 1 half ‘The Classic’ heart and 1 half ‘Tropical Delight’ heart. Moisten the sides of both half hearts. Push themtogether so the heart are whole again.
Repeat until you have used all your half hearts.
6. Place the two-colored hearts on an oven plate in the preheated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are crispy.
7. In the meanwhile, wash the piece of cucumber, slice it in half and cut into small slices. Peel the piece of banana, slice it in half and cut into small slices. Make a bit of julienne of the apple.
8. Let the cookies cool and arrange them on a plate. Arrange a slice of banana and a slice of cucumber on each cookie. Top it off with some of the apple julienne.
Happy Valentine’s day to all you hairy friends!
Shop the recipe