Ice cake for your furry friend
Most people look forward to a long and hot summer, but for dogs the heat can just be too much. So treat your dog to a refreshment. This ice cake for dogs will do the job and is also an impressive treat for the dogs at your garden or barbecue party!
will make 1 cake
Smoofl baking mix of choice
Silicone cake mold
Water (90ml + enough to fill up the mold)
Your pooch’s favorite treat
How to make an ice cake for dogs
1. Preheat the oven to 140 °C. Meanwhile, put the baking mix of your choice in a mixing bowl and add the right amount of water, knead the dough for a few minutes.
2. Cut out small pieces of the dough and make cookies (the shape doesn’t matter).
3. Place the cookies on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for about 40 minutes.
4. Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack. When the cookies have cooled down, put a few in the freezer bag. Use a rolling pin to crumble them.
5. Put the crumbs in the silicone mold. Add treats of your choice until the mold is to 2/3 full.
6. Fill up the rest of the silicone mold with water until it’s almost full.
7. Put the filled mold in the freezer for about 2 hours.
Ice, ice, baby!
Shop the recipe