Enjoy the last cold days by making a meat pie for your dog
We had all hoped that spring would already be in the country. We’ve created this recipe so you can enjoy the last cold days together with your dog. This recipe will give you fun times and a delicious treat for your sweetie pie!
Our chefs came up with this healthy and Smoofl’icious recipe that warms your soul.
The classic baking mix
extra vierge coconut oil
a round baking tray with approx. diameter 8cm
colander/sieve, mixing bowl, frying pan, thin brush
1. VPreheat the oven at 140°C.
2. Sieve the apple pieces from the Classic baking mix. Hold the colander over the slightly bigger mixing bowl so you can gather all the flour. Keep aside.
3. Melt some coconut oil in the frying pan. Fry the veal mince until it looks light brown. Add the sieved apple pieces. Stir for a minute so the apple chunks take in some liquid. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In the meanwhile, put the sieved Classic baking mix in a bowl and add 75 ml of water. Knead the mix for a few minutes into a nice dough. The baking mix is gluten-free. This means you have to knead longer for the dough to ‘stick’ together. So keep on kneading! If the dough still feels too dry, you can always add a little extra water.
5. Thinly roll out the dough. Cut out a piece that is sufficiently large to cover your baking tin.
6. Grease the baking tin with some coconut oil. Place the dough in the baking tin and press it.
7. Fill the pastry with the mixture of veal minced and apple pieces.
8. Leg het andere vel Classic deeg over de bakvorm. Bevochtig de randen met water en knijp ze dicht. Knip het deeg dat over de randen valt af.
9. Finally, prick some holes in the top of the pie with a fork.
Bake for about 30 minutes in the oven preheated to 140 °.
Enjoy this early spring dish, furry friend!
Shop the recipe